Fully qualified, Professionally Accredited Psychotherapist for twenty-one years.
Thirty years experience of working in therapeutic and healthcare fields.
- Sociology Ba Hons, University of London 1988
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychoanalytic Therapy- Clinical 1997,
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy- Theoretical 1997
- Member of the Irish Forum for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy since 1997
- Member of the Irish Council for Psychotherapy since 1997
- A holder of the European Certificate of Psychotherapy, EAP,
- Completed Certificate in working with sexual violence, Rape Crisis Network Ireland, 2012
- Completed the Leadership Training Body Soul Rhythms© Marion Woodman Foundation 2016
- I am currently engaged in a three-year post professional qualification in Somatic Experiencing, trauma method
I have worked:
- In private practice consistently since 1997, with individuals, couples and teenagers.
- As a residential social worker with adolescents in both London and Dublin.
- As a counsellor with the HSE Adult Counselling Service, The Irish Cancer Society, and Mayo Rape Crisis.
- As a manager of Knock Counselling Service for a six month period.
- Currently, work two days per week with Counselling In primary Care (CIPC)
I have facilitated:
- Counselling courses in (GMIT and Irish Cancer Society)
- Bereavement support groups for Mayo Cancer Support.